Completely Biased

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Election 2004 | Day 7 | John Anderson Decides To Be A Hypocrite and Current Election Odds

John Anderson, deputy PM and leader of the National Party, has decided to crack the shits over Latham's labelling himself as a "hater" a few years ago. Here's what Anderson says:
"As an Australian, I completely and absolutely deplore the concept that we could have in The Lodge a man who actually claims as a core value that he is a hater. Hatred tears our world apart. It's an entirely inappropriate value. Our great problem is that we hate our maker and we hate our neighbour."

This man is part of the government that played on xenophobia and hatred to win the last election. This is the government that encourages people to dob in their neighbours if they suspect them of doing anything remotely suspicious. This is the government that locks people up in detention centres indefinitely.

The Latham quote he's referring to:
"I'm a hater. Part of the tribalness of politics is to really dislike the other side with intensity. And the more I see of them the more I hate them. I hate their negativity. I hate their narrowness. I hate the way, for instance, Howard tries to appeal to suburban values when I know that he hasn't got any real answers to the problems and challenges we face. I hate the phoniness of that."

And current Centrebet odds are sitting on the Coalition at $1.50, and Labor at $2.40.